The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sharing tasks and other stuff Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hey,

one thing that is really missing at the moment for me with kGTD is:
to share the content of my file with other

or even better

edit the information with multipe users. There are some GTD web applicaitons around with which you can do that; but they are not really productvie

Hope there will be someone with a great idea how to do this

I manage a small number of people in a team. I am consistently waiting on them for tasks. In KGTD I use "BobsTasks-" and "JanesTasks-" contexts. They then keep their GTD systems updated by duplicating the tasks.

When we meet, I ask about their tasks and I update my lists.

It would be a lot better if I could put tasks on their GTD systems and that they could update me on my GTD when their tasks were complete.

This is interesting to me...

I currently sync my iCal calendar (amongst other stuff) with my wife who is also my business partner.

My kGTD actions and the relevant calendar/contexts appear in her iCal and she either ignores/comments on/completes them and tells me/

It's not very secure or stable given that a sync back from her could delete things.

It would be good to be able to work with people who GTD (if that's a verb at all...) on shared projects.

But it would also be good to be able to work with people who don't GTD at all. A way of sharing and communicating without necessarily having open full and unprotected access to your GTD data.

For those of us who have to organise themselves to organise others, I would appreciate a feature that would enable us to assign people to each task, then print a list of next actions for each person that would be performing them.

The list could either include only that person's actions, or have all of them, but grey out the ones that person doesn't need to do. If the list printed (in contexts) to Pocketmod or something similar, then all the better.:)

It seems to me that having to coordinate with others is one of the things that would draw the line for me between using an individual productivity app (like Focus) and project management software (like Plan).

I can see it being sweet to be able to assign a set of tasks from Plan to an individual's Focus, and then have a way to send status back to Plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoff
I can see it being sweet to be able to assign a set of tasks from Plan to an individual's Focus, and then have a way to send status back to Plan.
That's exactly what we have in mind. (Though not in version 1.0.)