The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

"back" broken? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
For some reason, on my G5 Quad the "back" button is not working on most sites. Although it seems to be working on this site, on other sites I visit regularly it does not: Macintouch.com, nytimes.com, cnn.com, etc.

I click the "back" arrow or hit "backspace" and nothing happens.

Any ideas?

I was using SP9 at home on my G4 Powerbook last night all evening and had no such problem.

I cleared my history, now it works. Perhaps the history file was corrupted.

Its a known issue - to workaround it, click the little black arrow on the back button and pick the site from the Back history.

Actually, in many cases, the page I'm currently on is listed like a dozen times on the "back" menu you describe. That can't be good.

Ack, quick reply ate mine! Righto, take 2.

Handycam, which sites are you seeing that behavior on, and which Sneaky Peek are you running? We recently (sp 9 or 10, maybe?) fixed an issue with redundant history items, so you may be seeing something that's fixed in a later SP...

I just got it to happen on http://www.gizmodo.com

I clicked on the first story "read more", back didn't work and my menu looks like the attached: