The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sending Actions/Projects to someone else Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there a way within OF to send an action/task to someone else? I'm looking for something like a right click, type in the e-mail address, and have OF automatically create and send the e-mail via mail.app (or some other app that I specify).

Even if it could create the body & subject, and I have to type in the address myself, would be much better than than having to manually create an e-mail using the cryptic syntax.

This would be a HUGE time saver if it's not currently available. Delegating is a key practice in GTD, and automating that would be helpful (and a nice reason to buy more OF licenses!)

Hi Ihotka,

I put a little service called Spootnik (http://www.spootnik.net) together which synchronizes Basecamp directly with OmniFocus and vice versa.

Basecamp supports to-do responsibilities and sends an email if the responsible party changes. Spootnik synchronizes those responsible parties as Context into your OmniFocus database.

Thus changing a responsibility of a task (inside Basecamp) means to change the Context inside OmniFocus (e.g. "Phone" to "Phil" or "Phil" to "Veronica") and let Spootnik do the synchronization work. Have a look here: http://www.spootnik.net/faq.html#res...ity_as_context ...

Best regards,
Lars

Unfortunately I can't have any of my data on a third-party service - only within my own hardware/network.

This is one of the things we're thinking about working on in a future version of OmniFocus, but we don't have a feature like that in place right now.

Send an email to omnifocus@omnigroup.com and we can add your vote on behalf of that feature.