The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pasting Graphics - inconsistent results? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,
I suspect this is user error but I wonder if anyone can tell me what I'm doing wrong:

-I'm working in Photoshop CS3. I Copy an image (this is the same in other app's I've tried).
-I enter a note field in OF. I paste.
-Sometimes I get an icon sometimes I get the image (which is what I want).

So I tried saving JPEG and PNG files and dragging the files into OF with the Option key held down. Again, sometimes I'm getting icons (which can be Quick Looked) and sometimes graphics.

Any idea how to get the graphics to always display as graphics in the Note Fields?

Thanks, Pat

Last edited by Pat Gilmour; 2008-10-13 at 04:26 AM..

I would probably send email to the support ninjas on this one - OmniFolks browse the forums as we're able, but the folks here don't have 100% of the answers.

Normally, I'd ask one of the developers in the dining room, but I'm about 8 time zones away from the office for another couple of weeks. :-)

Thanks Brian - will contact support.

Pat,

I noticed the same behavior and was wondering if you got some useful suggestion from the OmniFocus support ninjas?

You mentioned that you noticed this with PNG and JPG files. I have also seen this with pasted PDF documents.

(My feeling is that OmniFocus is showing an icon if the pasted document is larger than a certain size. Whatever the behavior is, it appears as being inconsistent, and even if the document is too large, I think it would be better for OmniFocus to display a scaled down version of the document.)

Alex

Alex, I've since deleted the email they sent (they're quick and worth contacting though). However, the basic idea, as I remember it, was to drag n drop or hold down Option. To be honest, I sort of gave up on a consistent solution though I still hope this will improve in future versions!

Pat