The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

project set up question Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I am new to Omniplan but have worked through the tutorials and help but am stuck with what is probably a very simple question:

I have created a project with an undefined start date and a large number of tasks that all have starts with values like "T+3d" or "T+2w" 1d etc. When I modify the projects start date to a defined date more than half of my tasks get moved back so they are no longer in sequence. The task start dates are not reflective of my start date +3d etc. None of the tasks are linked to each other in any way.

First image shows project with undefined date. Second image shows project after date is set. It does not seem to matter what date or day of the week I select as the start date.

Using intel based mac w/ snow leopard.

Any advice greatly appreciated,

Aaron
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	omniplan before.jpg
Views:	392
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	1177   Click image for larger version

Name:	omniplan after.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	1178  

If you level the project again it should look more like you expect.