The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Export to omni outliner ? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Apologies if this has been covered before [search didn't show it ]

is it possible to export from focus to outliner ? I'd like to use outliner's duration total column feature to sum up the time requirements for my daily tasks .. [I have a habit of putting more on my plate than is reasonable ]

Export to OmniOutliner is not built in, but Curt Clifton's script performs that function. However, I don't know if the duration column makes the transfer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
Export to OmniOutliner is not built in, but Curt Clifton's script performs that function. However, I don't know if the duration column makes the transfer.
Heh, I was just thinking this morning that I need to add exporting of the other columns to that script. Currently it just does the action/project name and the note field. Full data export is an action in my Shared OmniFocus Scripts project, but I'm afraid it might be awhile before I get to it.

Curt

whenever it happens .. I will be very grateful : )

There's also an item under my services menu: OmniOutliner > Add to Clippings that will copy over any selected items. (Again, just titles and notes, IIRC.)

Does anyone have a status on the ability to export to omnioutliner? The reason I want this is to be able to share parts of a project with other people on my team who are using omnioutliner and omnifocus.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve View Post
Does anyone have a status on the ability to export to omnioutliner?
I am using a draft applescript which exports Omnifocus projects and tasks to Omnioutliner Professional, and includes the Context, Start Date, Due Date, Completion date, Duration and Flagged columns.

No guarantees that it will work on your system, but if you would like to take a look or adapt it you can find it on my download page.

Rob

Rob,
Thanks for making this available. It works really well, but the only problem that I can see is that it seems to export all of the completed tasks. It would be great if this script (or omni baked in goodness) would let us export say, only the remaining tasks.

I'm also sure there is a way to delete checked rows from OO.

Thanks!
Steve

Quote:
the only problem that I can see is that it seems to export all of the completed tasks
I have now posted a new version which is intended to export only whatever is displayed and selected in the right-hand content panel. i.e. it will not export completed tasks from a view in which these are hidden.

Quote:
I'm also sure there is a way to delete checked rows from OO.
You can filter out checked rows when you print from Omnioutliner.

In the print dialog, click on the black triangle next to the printer name, to see the additional print options, then click on "Filter" and "remove checked".

Last edited by RobTrew; 2007-12-19 at 02:17 AM..

Rob,

A quick word of big thanks. Your script allowed me to easily go OF --> OO --> MindManager via OPML format. My boss requested to see all my OF/GTD material in a mindmap which at first glance gave me a ulcer contemplating the required text massaging to make it happen.

With the script, it's literally a three step process.

Really appreciated from where I sit. Thanks!

- andy reed