The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Import OmniOutliner Docs Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
11/29 Release Notes:
Quote:
You can now import OmniOutliner documents. We don't yet make any attempt to map extra columns to the fields in OmniFocus; for now, we just move all that information into the notes so that nothing will be lost.
This is very exciting news. It is going to solve many problems for me if this will import start and date times. Has anyone been able to get this to work? I don't see an import button. (Revision: 95318)

Steve

Ooh! If i can do that, I very much want to be able to export to OOP, too, with all the columns.

hmmm........I can't find the UI either.

Sorry, I didn't have the right tools installed on my laptop to rename the "Import from Kinkless..." menu item to simply say "Import..."--but it now imports both Kinkless and non-Kinkless OmniOutliner documents.

Ken or Lizard, I'm sure I'll find out soon enough, but will version 1 support start and due dates between OO and OF? This would be so helpful for trying to implement OmniGroup products.

In revision 95377, the latest available, it still appears to be missing. I'm sure it will be there soon. I'm not trying to rush you, just pointing it out.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
Sorry, I didn't have the right tools installed on my laptop to rename the "Import from Kinkless..." menu item to simply say "Import..."--but it now imports both Kinkless and non-Kinkless OmniOutliner documents.
I just tried to import directly into OF by opening (Import) an OmniOutliner Pro document without success. Basically it said that it had not recognized the file as a kinkless file.

This is the exact error message: Unable to load Kinkless document /Users/Tinchohs/Desktop/Aperture T3 - Cupertino.oo3: The file does not seem to be a Kinkless document.

Did I miss something? Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 3.png
Views:	601
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	396  

Woops, I'll have to doublecheck when my plane lands (boarding now) but perhaps I only enabled this in my debugging builds. If that's true, it will be a trivial fix when I get back to Seattle.

Cool! No rush... Looking forward to it. Take care!

Cool. It works this morning. Will the start and due dates work with version 1?