The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Turning Bugzilla emails into actions in the correct project Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
My company uses Bugzilla for tracking bugs in all our various projects. Whenever a user opens a new bug in a project I'm responsible for, the Bugzilla system sends me an email. I already have an working email filter that turns these into actions in my Inbox, then I manually set the project (always "Bugs") and context (always "Computer") to move them into place.

I'd really like to skip that last step, though. I run the Bugzilla system so I can edit the templates of the email it sends, and I've tried adding a line like:

::Bugs@Computer

at various places in the emails, but they still end up in my Inbox and without that project or context assigned. I also tried changing the first line of the email to be like:

-- "Title of bug">Bugs@Computer

which works beautifully, except that I also get an action in my Inbox that has just the subject of the bug email and nothing else (because the line above tells OmniFocus to start a new action, and the rest of the body of the email gets filed with that new action).

Is there a happy middle ground that would give me just one action, properly filed away, and not one action in my Inbox plus maybe another one that's filed correctly?

Just in case you haven't tried it yet, I believe that "::Bugs @Computer" in the subject line should do what you want. Without the space, I'm guessing that it's looking for a project named "bugs@computer", not finding one, and putting it in the inbox instead.

(Apologies if you already tried that - I don't have that many messages to deal with, so I tend to clip the ones I do need to make into actions.)

That would work. I was kind of hoping to avoid changing something so visible as the subject because I'm not the only employee using it. And now that I'm thinking about it, if other employees would adopt OF (like I'm encouraging), this would push the bugs actions into the same project and context for everyone, even if they have a different layout than I do.

Hmm. It may be time to go back to the drawing board. I hadn't really been planning to learn AppleScript this weekend.