The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

If OO4 is not going to be released for awhile . . . Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Could you please make a small update that gives us the option for underlining to work like it does in most other programs (i.e., press cmd+u once to underline text and then once again to no longer underline text anymore). I love OO and use it everyday but I have pretty much abandoned underlying text because of how annoying this feature can be when taking notes (at least it is for me). Thanks Omni for the great programs!

OO has more underlining options than most programs. Fortunately, there are an even number of them, cycled through by repeatedly pressing cmd-U, so just adopt the habit of pressing cmd-U to start underlining, and cmd-U 3 times to end underlining. It should work fine with any program that simply toggles underlining, and can be done so quickly it is unlikely to disrupt the note-taking.

You could of course wait for them to implement the requested change, but there's no guarantee they'll ever do it, much less in a timeframe of interest to you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
It should work fine with any program that simply toggles underlining, and can be done so quickly it is unlikely to disrupt the note-taking.
Well it disrupts my note taking (so much so that I have abandoned using underlying when taking notes).

I know that my request is unlikely to be implemented but at a least a request will make it slightly more likely.