The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

where o where is a project in the hierarchy? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
So an on-hold project appears for review and I think “that should really be a someday/maybe project” ... but wait, is it maybe already in that folder? How can I tell? I can’t tell. Precious seconds go by, and I can’t figure out how to tell (quickly, without breaking much out of review mode) where an item is in the hierarchy.

I’m always a bit impaired at figuring this kind of basic OF usage stuff out , but there’s always someone here who seems to know ... * cough * curtclifton * cough *... Or any of a half dozen others. ;-)

I kind of think this is a weak point in the current design. The only way I can think of determining where the item is in the hierarchy is to use the view bar to temporarily switch the grouping to "Folder." Then switch the grouping back to "Next Review" when done.

I don't have many suggestions for a long-term solution. Maybe display the item's full library path in the inspector?

-Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadling View Post
I don't have many suggestions for a long-term solution. Maybe display the item's full library path in the inspector?
That’s certainly what me brain crave. Just a simple bread crumb trail. Thanks for weighing in, Dennis.

Paul

This post isn't addressing whether there is a need to see the hierarchy...

here's a possible shift in workflow for you.

I use the hold or paused status of a project for someday/maybe.

My usual workflow is filtering projects by active.
When I review, I review my active projects.
And then review my someday/maybe or on hold projects.