The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

action title field needs full length view. Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
i love omnifocus, but i have a problem. my problem with omnifocus for the iphone is the length of my action titles. how i work in omnifocus, i tend to write out multi-paragraph-long titles for my actions, and nest them in parent actions to detail out my work. this works very well for me on the mac. the notes fields within the action i rarely use, but do need sometimes for going even further into detail of a certain action or attaching links or files. on the iphone i am extremely limited from entering/editing long titles, and to read existing ones that i entered with omnifocus on my mac and sync to my phone.

currently i can see approximately 256 characters in the read view, and am limited to a single line view for entry/editing. i recommend when you enter a new action or edit an existing one, that the blue arrow button next to the title field leads to a view page for the title and note, and pushing the button next to either of those lead to a normal text entry field, full screen with keyboard, and the cancel/save buttons above as normal. like i have when i enter text into an email in my mail application. plenty of room to type, edit and scroll around.

as it exists now i can not use it on my phone for my real projects, and unfortunately it has become an overpriced backup copy for my mac, and an occasional shopping list.

please fix this, omnigurus!
thanks, ben

(hopefully) helpful screenshots attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	1171
Size:	183.0 KB
ID:	1796   Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1.jpg
Views:	1189
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	1797   Click image for larger version

Name:	image_2.png
Views:	1182
Size:	126.8 KB
ID:	1798  

I've sent a number of emails to the Support Ninjas requesting the ability to view and edit longer action titles on both the iPhone and the iPad. I am in a similar boat, and this is definitely a hindrance to my workflow. Make sure to contact the Support Ninjas so that the OmniGroup hears the feedback.

yes, i did that. got this promising sounding response! have to say, i am impressed with the speed of the ninja's response. i didn't even hear him coming. ;)
--

Thanks for taking the time to write in about this!

Sorry for the trouble, though — I can certainly understand where you're coming from. (Though my action titles are much, much smaller.)

In any case, consider your feature request added! I can't guarantee this will be added, but it certainly helps the chances. :)

Let me know if you have any more questions, and thanks for your support!

Thanks,

Derek R.
Support Ninja