The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OmniFocus for Mac 1.9 approved! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Thanks whpalmer4!

Made the call, and spoke to support. The fix was to delete the cache file com.omnigroup.OmniFocus under home/library/caches. I lost all the changes I had made so far since the error occurred, but did lose the core data and I'm now able to continue

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
A problem with any kind of manual sorting option for context mode is that you need to somehow keep a record of the order the user has chosen.... My guess is you don't see it prior to 2.0 for that reason — they'll want to change the file format once, not twice in quick succession.
Hey WHPalmer, thanks for the insight! Totally makes sense what you're saying. I'll keep my fingers crossed for it for 2.0.

Interesting workaround you suggested! Don't think it really makes sense for me, but I had not idea you could to that.

It's really pretty quick to do, and useful in other contexts as well. For example, sometimes I'll want to prune down my flagged list to just a handful of items, but not want to discard the old flagged list and risk forgetting to put something back on it. I bring up the flagged list, select all the actions, and drag the whole lot over to a TextEdit window and save it. Now I've got a record of everything that was on the flagged list, and if I want to reconstruct the list in OmniFocus, I just click on the links one by one, an OmniFocus window opens each time showing me that exact action, and I can flag it, or maybe even do it, if I'm feeling unusually motivated :-)

Think of it as a way to take notes on your OmniFocus database and make lists without disturbing the contents.

The setting only applies to the menu bar and dock icon. Could that be the confusion? (They always appear in the sidebar.)

I hope a redesign for the Mac version is on the horizon. It works, but I prefer the sleeker graphical interface of Things which keeps things pretty and simple like Apple products. The iPhone app looks good but I love my iPad app :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deedubau View Post
... I prefer the sleeker graphical interface of Things which keeps things pretty and simple ... . The iPhone app looks good but I love my iPad app :)
FWIW, I had comments that expound on just this snippet of thought in this thread ...

http://culturedcode.com/forums/read.php?9,50297,page=3

So The Hit List is finally out and Appigo just launched Todo for the Mac. There's going to be some fierce competition in the Mac/iOS area and I really hope the OmniGroup steps up their A-game soon with Omnifocus for the Mac 2.0!

ios5 will support location-based todo's. Interesting to see on which base Apple will implement this feature

I think it's great to see some competition pop-up left and right. Omni has had a somewhat stable stream of improvements, but all of those were rather minor. There's lots of room for improvement for both the mac and iOS clients. I have no Pad so no comment on that.

And it's interesting, that apples notifications will, already in it's first release have features that OF for iOS has been lacking since version 1.0. (e.g. notifications popping up related to GPS information).

I'm really excited about all this. This will most likely increase development speed on all sides and be very good for us customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalError View Post
And it's interesting, that apples notifications will, already in it's first release have features that OF for iOS has been lacking since version 1.0. (e.g. notifications popping up related to GPS information).
I think that Apple as the provider of the underlying location services and API might have a slight advantage here, no?