The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Custom stroke for shapes Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there any way to create a shape where the stroke doesn't go all the way around? There are some stock shapes like this, how are they made?

A Tab shape, or trapezoid with no stroke across the bottom, would be very useful...

that's awesome - had to do some tweaking with get info to get control of the extension, but then it works, great!

I love this! you can tweak the values and get different shapes!

Yes, you can. Joel posted a tutorial about it here. That's how I learned how to do it. I don't think it's too difficult, but if you're the type of person who hoped never to use algebra again in your life, you might not agree. Shapes with straight lines are much simpler than curves, which require considerably more work.