The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Can't use stencil Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have a stencil that I created and have not had any issues until today.

I edited it (as I have done before) and saved it and now a few of the pages in the stencil have a green film over it so I can not select the objects.

Any idea how to fix this? or what I did wrong?

I suspect the issue here is that you've got something typed into the search field in the stencil window, and the filter feature is checked, so only stencils matching the filter are selectable. (See attached screenshot.) Try unselecting the filter and clearing the search field, and and all should be well.

This has confused a number of people, so I’ve added your comments to a discussion we have on making the filter's behavior more understandable. Sorry for any frustration this may have caused.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	og5-stencil-filter.png
Views:	1167
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	1957  

I checked and I didn't have any filters or text in the search button. I did find if I completely shut down the application and opened it up the problem went away.

Thanks for your help!

I, too, am having the same issue. I upgraded to 5.4 and have had this issue all day. Very frustrating. Outside of force-closing omnigraffle, I know of no other way to get around this issue. Please advise.

And, no, I have no searches pending.