The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OmniWeb Times Out Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Surfing a web site: http://www.swisherpens.com/ and going through the site, at certain points in the ordering process (i.e. selecting a different bottle of ink/pen etc) I get a message which says :

"store.nexternal.com
For your protection, your session has timed out due to over 60 minutes of inactivity.

You will now be taken back to the opening screen."

This only happens in OmniWeb.

Last edited by drackmere; 2008-11-28 at 11:52 AM..

I'm able to duplicate this, but only when I have "accept cookies" turned off in Security preferences. The solution here would be to use site preferences to enable that setting for nexternal.com, while leaving it turned off in the general case.

Last edited by Brian; 2008-12-04 at 06:09 PM.. Reason: added additional info

One of the QA folks took another look at this, and it looks like it happens even with cookies enabled on the details pages. Written up as a bug - thanks!

Cool, as a tech writer I am used to getting my fare share of bugs when working with software apps, and I have only had that problem with betas I have been involved in. Great response, and keep up the good work!