The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

How To Acknowledge Within OF of what I've Accomplished?? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
One more thread, I swear. :-/

Recently, though i've tackled a lot of my projects and next actions in OF I don't give myself the credit of being productive.

Maybe straight up I'm looking for a perspective to fulfill this, in project title view)

I wake up in the morning, open my morning review in OmniOutliner, setup my day and get to work. Throughout the day i'll move forward an array of projects; with some completed and others that take more time than originally planned but still feel confident about moving them forward......

Yet @ the end of the day I always feel like I could've gotten more done.

I never give myself the benefit of knowing the accomplished projects of the day/week.

Rome was not built in a day and there is no reason to think important and complex projects should too. Yet, here I am contemplating about how numerous projects still exist in my OF system, yet on the other hand an array of projects and actions were tackled during the day today....and yesterday and the day before.

& just to clarify, before I had a perspective where it would show me completed actions but would never use that perspective considering I wanted to see completed projects. & as for projects that have moved forward but not completed, Well, since they still rest on my Active Folder, I know they've moved forward...

Hey HappyDude,

You might want to try this thread, the script is pretty nifty!

Cheers,

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDude View Post
One more thread, I swear. :-/

Recently, though i've tackled a lot of my projects and next actions in OF I don't give myself the credit of being productive.

Maybe straight up I'm looking for a perspective to fulfill this, in project title view)

I wake up in the morning, open my morning review in OmniOutliner, setup my day and get to work. Throughout the day i'll move forward an array of projects; with some completed and others that take more time than originally planned but still feel confident about moving them forward......

Yet @ the end of the day I always feel like I could've gotten more done.

I never give myself the benefit of knowing the accomplished projects of the day/week.

Rome was not built in a day and there is no reason to think important and complex projects should too. Yet, here I am contemplating about how numerous projects still exist in my OF system, yet on the other hand an array of projects and actions were tackled during the day today....and yesterday and the day before.

& just to clarify, before I had a perspective where it would show me completed actions but would never use that perspective considering I wanted to see completed projects. & as for projects that have moved forward but not completed, Well, since they still rest on my Active Folder, I know they've moved forward...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypotyposis View Post
Hey HappyDude,

You might want to try this thread, the script is pretty nifty!

Cheers,

Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction. This is definitely a tool i'll be using throughout my Weekly Reviews!

On a further note, I would also like to be able to look at back at completed Projects. Project titles specifically. I'll create a project for even a single action item and to be able to look back at my complete Projects (& not simply actions completed) would go a long way with me. Anything along these lines exist?

Make a project mode perspective, showing completed projects in the sidebar, grouped and sorted as you prefer. After you bring it up, do View->Collapse All to hide any actions (unfortunately, the perspective mechanism can only remember to collapse projects that were present when you last updated the perspective).

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Make a project mode perspective, showing completed projects in the sidebar, grouped and sorted as you prefer. After you bring it up, do View->Collapse All to hide any actions (unfortunately, the perspective mechanism can only remember to collapse projects that were present when you last updated the perspective).
Thanks Palmer, I'll give it a shot when I get to my Mac.