The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Best Practices Wiki? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
First of all, OmniFocus is a great product, thanks!

I find it a little tedious to look through the forums with "Search" for hints on how to realize certain workflows (Waiting for, Review, Delegation, Cooperation, Mail sync, iCal sync, ...) in OF. There is a lot of redundancy, and few "authoritative threads" for particular topics.

I would love to see a collection of "OmniFocus implementation knowledge" structured by topic. While a manual can help here, there is much personal taste involved in implementing a trusted system, and people find new tricks all the time, so a simple manual seems too narrow and static.

Am I just too lazy to follow/sift through the forums? What are good alternatives?

- a "Best Practices Wiki"?
- an Omni-blessed list of "main" (sticky?) threads here on the forums for the major issues?
- a good, frequently updated manual ?

tib

1) There will be a PDF manual provided by Omni with the 1.0 release.
2) Somebody else on this forum started a wiki, but if I remember right, there weren't many contributors.

I love the wiki idea.

The start of the OF wikipedia entry is here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OmniFocus