The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Non-OF Question: My contexts rarely vary Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Does anyone have tips on how to actually get things done when most of your contexts are available most of the time. (Sorry. This is not an OF question.)

I've been loosely following a GTD philosophy for almost 3 years now. I tend to jump on and off the band wagon. I seem to always come back to the same dilemma: most of my contexts are available most of the time.

For example, I'm an IT worker. I rarely travel. I have access to the internet almost all the time. I can access my work files from home and my home files from work. As a result, I have difficulty deciding what context to process, when and how often.

What I've been doing recently is making a list of my contexts and making sure I work through them daily or every few days. This is not ideal because now I have another list of items to track: I'm tracking my progress through contexts. This just doesn't feel right.

I'm open to any suggestions. How do you make sure all your contexts get attention when your contexts don't vary (or are not isolated)?

Thanks.