The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

File Association - by design, or a bug? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
With all other Mac browsers I've tried, choosing that browser as your default browser also changes the Finder file association to that browser.

OW doesn't. I need to manually set "open with" in the Finder. A bit annoying.

Is this by design? Or is it not working as it should?

I see that safari does this but nothing else. I'm not sure that I'd like my browser to steal all my file associations away from the default applications... I may want html files to go to SubEthaEdit or some other editor for instance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyb
I see that safari does this but nothing else. I'm not sure that I'd like my browser to steal all my file associations away from the default applications... I may want html files to go to SubEthaEdit or some other editor for instance.
I concur. Safari and Dreamweaver both annoy me when they steal my BBEdit files.

You can change this in the 'Get Info' window. Just pick the app you want to set to the default and then hit the 'Make default for all' button.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jugurtha
You can change this in the 'Get Info' window. Just pick the app you want to set to the default and then hit the 'Make default for all' button.
Thanks, I knew that. I just had noticed that Safari, Firefox, Camino, and Opera all do this automatically.