The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniPlan 2.2 crashing repeatedly Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi there,

I'm in the midst of the 14 day trial. I've been a big fan of Omni products in the past (OmniGraffle.. Omniweb way back in the day)

OmniPlan 2.2 repeatedly crashing .. sometimes it just crashes the software, but the last three times I've tried working with my project file it has crashed my computer, forcing a restart. I don't seem to have any issues with the files on my three year old MacBook Pro, but with my 2011 iMac (which is more powerful) the software has just been crashing up a storm...

Is anyone else having these issues? Any suggestions for me?

Call the support ninjas tomorrow (800-315-6664 or +1-206-523-4152) between 10 and 5 PST/PDT. They can help investigate the crashes and possibly extend your trial period.

I'm a little puzzled by the statement that it crashes your computer — application code shouldn't be able to do that, no matter how buggy. There may be some other issues in play here.

Yes, I'm not sure what's going on.. for the crashes that just taking down omniplan, i've made sure to send those auto crash emails to omnigroup.

Case #1: Software crashes
1. Project file is already loaded
2. I scroll through the task list view of my project, it scrolls to a certain point, then will crash.
3. It crashes at the same point each time.

Case #2: Computer crashes
1. I load the project file
2. I notice the file, which is in task view, is acting odd -- the task list portion of the screen is scrolling, but the gantt chart portion of the screen does not scroll
3. Software freezes
4. Computer crashes / restarts

Are you using Hackintosh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by radimus View Post
Case #1: Software crashes
1. Project file is already loaded
2. I scroll through the task list view of my project, it scrolls to a certain point, then will crash.
3. It crashes at the same point each time.
Which version of Mac OS are you running? While adding compatibility for Retina displays in v2.2, we accidentally introduced some crashes on 10.6 (Snow Leopard) (which doesn't have support for the API needed to work with Retina displays).

If this compatibility issue explains what you're seeing, you can either go back to OmniPlan v2.1.2, or try our latest sneaky peek builds of v2.2.1.

Hope this helps!

I have had the same issue - OmniPlan as a trial version keeps crashing (not my computer, just the software). I have Lion, so I don't think the OS is an issue?
I was planning on buying OmniPlan but now holding off on it until I am certain that this can be resolved.
Phone number indicated that the office was closed (called today during business hours).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren View Post
I have had the same issue - OmniPlan as a trial version keeps crashing (not my computer, just the software). I have Lion, so I don't think the OS is an issue?
I was planning on buying OmniPlan but now holding off on it until I am certain that this can be resolved.
Could you send me a link to one of your crash reports? The final version of 2.2.1 has shipped, so that should have resolved the crash I was talking about before—but you might be running into something else.

Quote:
Phone number indicated that the office was closed (called today during business hours).
Sorry about that: our development and testing teams are all in the office today, but our tech support, sales, and many of our operations folks are out today and tomorrow for a conference—so we're missing everyone who answers our phones!