The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Feature suggestion: Enter Saves Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
OMG I am soooo frustrated every time I choose a date in the Action Inspector, and cannot save/commit it with the Enter key.
I have to use the mouse to clicke somewehere else, and it's driving me nuts.

"Enter" is, if you ask me, *the* key to save, commit or "answer Yes", in dialogues on the Macintosh.
"Escape" is the same as Cancel or Abort.

Please consider this.

:)

Hmmm- I save with the enter key when entering dates in the inspector. I'm using the sneakypeek though. Fix coming soon?

I'm away from my Mac, so I can't check the status of this in the dev database - may want to email the support ninjas if you want to be sure this gets recorded; we browse the forums as were able, and the iPad edition has us pretty busy on the email front.

Just in case it helps: I find that using the View menu to add the date-related columns to the outline view & then typing dates and navigating between cells with the keyboard is by far the fastest way to handle them. Plain English stuff like "Next Wed" gets handled as you'd expect, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
Hmmm- I save with the enter key when entering dates in the inspector. I'm using the sneakypeek though. Fix coming soon?
This is really, really strange! Yesterday, when I wrote that, I had downloaded the latest beta, and it was *not* working.
But today, when I try it again, it *is* working!

Say what?? :-/

Very well, I let you know if it bugs me again. Thanks for the reply.