The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Embed an image into the presentations Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have an outline I've created and I have screen shots associated with the website that follows this outline. I would like to "import" each screen shot into this presentation, such that when I browse click a particular box on the diagram, the associated screen shot pops up. I would like to export this presentation into a format where a PC could use it with the same functionality (PowerPoint or PDF?).

I've tried the action property in the inspector, but this limits me to a URL or a file path on my Mac. I'd like the whole thing to be a complete package that works off-line on a Mac or PC.

Does this make sense? I am a complete noob, but am loving Omnigraffle so far.

Thank you for your help!

In OmniGraffle Pro (cannot remember about regular), you can use the action panel to "Jump Elsewhere" and then set "Switch to a Specific Canvas" and name the canvas. That can get you moving from canvas to canvas and should create the effect you want.

You can then embed what you want to show on each canvas and jump around from "screen to screen".

A handy way to work is to put some key navigation buttons on your master template that are then replicated on all canvases that use that master.

Finally to make a stand alone package, I've exported the whole file as a PDF file -- OGP maintains the hot spots and everything is embedded in one file that works on PC, Mac, Linux.

My only concern might be the screen shots -- OGP does handle images but there may be some blurring of images, etc as this process would produce a scalable PDF.

- Morgan