The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ibox items get moved to project when assigned context Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I know it must be me doing not understanding things properly, but... whenever I assign a context to an item in the inbox, it disappears.

If I do a search for the item, it seems that they always end up in one certain "Ideas" project.

There's nothing special about this project as far as I can tell.

It doesn't matter what context I assign to the inbox item, it always moves to this same project.

I'm sure this is probably correct behaviour and I've missed the relevant section of the docs.

Anyone point me in the right direction?

Many TIA
Ian

If you go to 'Preferences>Data', I'm guessing that you have 'Clean Up Inbox items which have' set to 'A Context' or "Either a Project or a Context' and 'Default List for Single Actions' set to your Ideas project. Change the preference to 'Both a Project and a Context' and the task will stay put until you assign both. You can also change the preference for the Single Action list to a more appropriate folder.

Doh!
Actually quite ashamed I didn't spot that!
<face/palm>

Thanks so much for the (speedy) help.
Ian