The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > iCal Sync
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Odd iCal Permissions Error Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I ran into an interesting issue:

I have OF sync with iCal just fine. Usually, every few weeks, I backup the iCal calendar directly from iCal. Anyways, yesterday I got a permissions error saying that it couldn't finish backing up. OK...so off to Console I go, and narrowed down the problem to a file within iCal that contained only those calendars linked with OF. So, I tried the usual: Disk Utility to fix permissions...no go. Then Disk Warrior...no go. Since it was just one folder within iCal, I decided to manually update permissions...that fixed the problem.

I just thought it odd it affected only iCal (and then only those items syncing with OF). Not sure if this is related to OF or just a coincidence, so I'm posting here in case others experience this.

Notes: Running 10.5.2 w/2MB RAM on Intel iMac (OF database is stored on local copy of iDisk. iDisk local copy then auto syncs with .Mac).