The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to Integrate home brew export formats? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've written a program in Java that parses an exported OmniPlan MS Project xml file and creates a TaskPaper (and soon MarkDown) file with all the tasks flattened and sorted by day in a nice simple calendar/list.

Obviously I can run this on the command line, but I was wondering if there was an easy way to add this as some sort of export plugin to OmniPlan itself?

My timing may have been bad here as I think OmniPlan currently uses a Java exporter and I believe Omni are abandoning that in favour of a new "app store friendly" (presumably Objective C) plugin model.

(I know I can do what I want in AppleScript, but I don't know AppleScript, and the book I just bought is so intimidatingly fat I haven't opened it yet).

AppleScript seems to be the path of least resistance - so I'm using that: it's possible to add an AppleScript execution as a publish task.