The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Opening attachments - expected way doesn't work Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
First I think it's great you can attach files to projects and tasks - I just had to do that today for some excel files someone had emailed me and I wanted to get out of my email inbox.

However once it's attached, I would expect to be able to double-click on the attachment icon, and have the file open up in the "expected" application. I thought something was broken for a bit when I tried multiple times to double-click on the icon (like you do in other apps), and nothing happened.

Is it possible we can get this functionality put in?

Yes; this on my list to do very soon.

Is there a shortcut to open attachments inside OmniFocus? If not, I 'd love to see them…