The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Repeating options? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
gary & sabeke: you can get a Monday/Thursday repeat by having 2 tasks; one on Monday and one on Thursday and have them each repeat every 1 week.
You can, but this is a horrible kludge.

And if you do this, every time you need to edit your tasks (which could be complicated, multi-action tasks) you have to edit multiple entries, or edit one and re-clone it all over again. Ugh.

Please Please Please Please make this feature a priority. Rich repeating tasks are essential to truly integrating tasks with real world calendar. Can't do it with iCal as iCal only allows repeating events (time) not tasks. Completely non GTD paradigm to shoe horn events for tasks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
You can, but this is a horrible kludge.

And if you do this, every time you need to edit your tasks (which could be complicated, multi-action tasks) you have to edit multiple entries, or edit one and re-clone it all over again. Ugh.
I agree with Chris. Having multiple copies of the same task just so they will show up on different days seems like to perfect solution for NGAD (Not Getting Anything Done). :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithsamuel View Post
Please Please Please Please make this feature a priority. Rich repeating tasks are essential to truly integrating tasks with real world calendar. Can't do it with iCal as iCal only allows repeating events (time) not tasks. Completely non GTD paradigm to shoe horn events for tasks.

To be completely functional in any meaningful sense, this capability for repeating tasks is just essential. Please address it soon.

The most disappointing feature hole for OmniFocus is the lack of rich repeating tasks like first monday of the month etc.

At least two other GTD paradigm tasks managers (Things and EasyTask) have this level of repeating tasks.

Its so basic and useful. I don't understand why the developers don't make it a high priority.

Ditto. Please ASAP

Exactly. Absolutely essential feature. Don't know why its still not a high priority

This would be a nice addition. Although, I must admit that so far, the existing level of control has been sufficient for my needs.

Consider my woe then:

I need to have a repeating task for the penultimate banking day of the month!

Oh woe is me!!

I don't know if posting to this forum counts as a vote for a feature but this feature seems key for me. 1 More vote.