The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Comparison of Mail-to-OmniFocus techniques Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
What happens if you select that menu item with the mouse?
It works properly if I select the service with the mouse. The quick-entry pane pops up with the body of the selected message in the note field.

I've now replicated the problem on another computer. This morning, I installed OF on my Mac at work, installed the Clip-o-Tron, started up Mail, and had the same problem: The service is there, but the keyboard shortcut does nothing.

Later, I restarted my computer, started Mail, and then started OF. I opened Preferences in OF and noticed that OF wasn't recognizing the Clip-o-Tron as being installed -- it gave me the install option again. So I clicked "Install," restarted Mail, and still no luck on the keyboard shortcut. The service is still working with a mouse click, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccgfour View Post
It works properly if I select the service with the mouse. [...] but the keyboard shortcut does nothing.
If the menu item is working when you click on it, then it sounds like something else is intercepting that keyboard shortcut before it gets to the menu. You can either try to figure out what's intercepting it, or (perhaps simpler) try using a different keyboard shortcut for the service. (I use Shift-Command-Comma.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
If the menu item is working when you click on it, then it sounds like something else is intercepting that keyboard shortcut before it gets to the menu. You can either try to figure out what's intercepting it, or (perhaps simpler) try using a different keyboard shortcut for the service. (I use Shift-Command-Comma.)
Thanks, Ken! That was the problem. Shift-Command-Comma did the trick. (I had tried other combinations, but apparently I picked other shortcuts that were intercepted.)

I notice that OF Preferences still gives me the "Install Clip-o-Tron" option, as if it weren't installed. This happens each time I restart Mail. It's nonconsequential, though, since the service is still there and working.

Thanks again for the reply.

Hi all,

new to OF here and loving it. i am using clip o tron to create actions from Mail.app, but this just makes an action with the entire mail posted in OF. I want a link back to mail.app.

Whats the easiest way to get this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsic
new to OF here and loving it. i am using clip o tron to create actions from Mail.app, but this just makes an action with the entire mail posted in OF. I want a link back to mail.app.

Whats the easiest way to get this?
The first line of the my pasted messages have an "Original Message" link back to Apple Mail.

Someone mentioned in this thread that they had a keystroke for OF Service Send To Inbox - how do you set this up?

I'm on Mac Leopard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenp
Someone mentioned in this thread that they had a keystroke for OF Service Send To Inbox - how do you set this up?
OmniFocus > Preferences > Clippings > Clippings Shortcut

Note that this is separate from ...

OmniFocus > Preferences > General > Quick Entry Keyboard Shortcut

Thanks Ward - it wasn't apparent to me exactly what that preference was about. Great to now have a shortcut :-)

I used to have a key combo (ctrl-1) that would send any email I had selected in Mail to my inbox using the applescript here:

~/Library/Scripts/Applications/Mail/Add OmniFocus Action without QE.scpt

It worked like a charm.
However, now it does not. My suspicion is that one of the OF updates toasted this.

I am using:
OSX 10.4.11
Mail Version 2.1.3 (753.1)
OmniFocus 1.0.2 (v77.1.7.0.100463)

Does anyone have an ideas on how I might get this working again? Is the script no good anymore?

Thanks!

That may be one of my old scripts. I use the built-in Mail support from the Omni Group now. (See OmniFocus preferences, under the Clippings pane, not the Mail pane.)

I can try to help debug the script that you're using, but I'm running Leopard now, so I can't test your situation. The first step would be to verify whether Mail Act-On is still triggering the script. Try selecting a mail message, then choose the script from the script menu Name:  Picture 1.png
Views: 400
Size:  4.9 KB in the menu bar.

Curt