The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Connecting OP to OF Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Me too. :)

Actually, you guys may have sold me on Omnifocus too. Perhaps I better investigate that. Too.

Obligatory "me too". :-)

Me three! But I think the ability to sync Omnifocus via Bounjour is more important than plan intergration. Also wished plan read .mpp files direct verses xml. Heck we got .vsd reads in Grapple. Can't write them but can read them and that is great!

Sync to give us mobility on OF, then some level of plan integration.
Initially it could be simpler to just offer an export/import of project output as import... Better than nothing, or waiting full duration before the integration becomes available (IMHO)....

Please add my vote for OF/OP integration. I just took a somewhat complex project in OF and imported it into OP. I've been running with it in OP, and when my demo period ran out, I was tempted to revert back to OF, since I like it so much. But clearly OP has much to offer, so I'm voting with my cash for the integration (I just bought the OP license).

Omnibob, how did you go about doing this transfer? I've done some playing around with sketching out big projects in OmniPlan and trying to move the tasks to OmniFocus for execution, but doing so isn't easy.

Another vote for OF/OP integration!

I've been using OF for about a month and it's changed my (very busy) life. I'm about to start a small business, and am considering purchasing OmniPlan, but am balking at the price. If OP could send tasks directly to OF (and even allow me to to delegate!) it'd be worth it.

In other words -- I think this would be an excellent business move on Omni's part.

Am I too late to vote?

Never too late to vote, but posting on the forum isn't the most effective way of doing it. Use Help->Send Feedback to send your feature requests to Omni's development database, where they'll be counted when the developers are planning what to do next. Posting to the forum doesn't do that unless an Omni employee happens across it and goes to the trouble of logging a vote in the database for you.

Any news or speculation re: how OmniPlan and OmniFocus 2.0 plans are progressing?

People have been requesting this integration for over a year now -- I'm starting to get antsy waiting for this capability!

Sometime in 2010 was the last word from Omni, but Brian's post in another thread is probably about as good as you'll get: "When we think it is ready"

Out of curiosity, how do you see the linkup working? OP has a number of interrelationships between tasks that are not so easily expressed in OF project structure...