The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Line Connection Help Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Any help would be much appreciated.

All I'm looking to do is extend the distance a vertical Orthogonal line sits from two connecting shapes when the connections are on the "same side."

For example, I have two squares, one directly above another, and put magnets on their right and left sides. I want to connect these two shapes with an arrow line, extending from the right edge of the top square, and ending on the right edge of the bottom square.

All easy so far, but here's where my issue comes in.

Is it possible to extend the distance the vertical connecting line sits from these two shapes? Right now it's much too close, and it's hard to see that the line is entering the arrow. What I'd like to do is "drag and pull the line" more to the right, to get a clearer definition.

The strange thing is, it seems possible to manipulate lines in this fashion if the orthogonal line is connected between two objects but on opposite sides (a "blue indicator" appears on the line, which can be grabbed with the mouse), but I've never seen this for a simple vertical connection.

Am I missing something?

Thanks very much!

-ryan

Try option-double-click on the vertical part of the line to create a control point , then drag that point out however you would like ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejt
Try option-double-click on the vertical part of the line to create a control point , then drag that point out however you would like ...
Excellent, that worked... Thank you very much! :)