The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

simultaneous download limits an queing? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi, is there a way to set up a limited number of concurrent downloads say 5, while clicking on many more files, 50 for example which would be placed in a que and would only begin downloading until on or more of the concurrent download spots have been completed.....sort of like a setup a huge like for an all niter. I use the figure of 5 since 5 concurrent files will rinse out about 30k/sec each which would max out my bandwidth which is about 150k/sec so far 5 files dl and finish about the same time as each other.

My source is rapidshare

any ideas?

iCab offers this flexibility but sometimes the bandwidth is not evenly distributed to each file.

OmniWeb has an in-built limit of 8 concurrent downloads. It doesn't matter what your bandwidth limit is, 5 or 8 will max it regardless assuming that the site(s) serving the content has no cap on the speed of the download.

FWIW, this question has been asked before, but I forget if there was a hidden default to be able to change this limit.