The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tasks not showing up Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I created a bunch of tasks yesterday and not one of them is showing in the Due, Next, Avail, or even Someday views, yet, they are there (albeit grayed out) inside the project view.

Help? Tasks are slipping through the cracks and it makes me feel like I can't trust the system. What happened?

If they are grayed out, that means that they aren't available yet. You've made a sequential project and not marked all the prior tasks complete, or you've got a future start date, or the context is marked as on hold, or the project is dropped or on hold, etc.

If you need someone to walk you through this, give the Omni support group a call at 1-800-315-6664 or +1-206-523-4152, 10-5 Seattle time.

You can create a single-actions list that will allow you to see all tasks (i.e. available for you to do).

File menu > Add Single-Action List

Or you can set a project to parallel process. A sequential project means that the first task must be completed before the second task becomes available for you to see.

A parallel task allows you to have multiple tasks or next actions for you to do. You will be able to determine what projects needs to be done in a sequential order or can be done in parallel order.

Highlight a project or sub-group of tasks. Open your inspector window and choose the 3rd icon at the top. It should be labelled "Project" when you place your mouse over it. It looks like two index cards. The Type selection includes:

Sequential (one arrow followed by another arrow)
Parallel (two arrows side by side)
Single Actions (a blue box or bin that holds single action tasks)