The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Any interest in Windows App for OmniFocus? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi All,

My apologies, if this message does not belong to this thread or is inappropriate. Please correct me if so.

I'm currently working on a small project to enable managing OmniFocus inbox and projects from a windows desktop app (linked to OmniFocus Sync), since I'm really missing it there.

Is there any interest in the community in such app (being offered on a paid basis as monthly subscription)? If so, would you, please, complete a short survey?

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/7DK5YS8

If there is enough interest, I could invest time in making this software robust and user-friendly.

Best regards,
Rinat Abdullin

Last edited by abdullin; 2013-04-04 at 07:59 PM..

Would this be a web.app or a desktop client? I typically associate a flat fee with a client app, whereas subscriptions seem more common for web-apps.

I'm considering desktop app for a start (easier for me to develop, since doing web app properly would require somebody to deal with HTML stuff).

Re fees: to keep things simple and to provide lower cost entry - I'd prefer to use subscriptions. However this might accompanied with a flat fee for the software (and free upgrades within the version).

ok, as it seems, most of the interest is in inbox capture, offline editing mode and ability to edit perspectives

Last edited by abdullin; 2013-04-07 at 02:04 AM..

I have answered your survey.

There is a very good iniciative because there are many people like I, that will live with the GAP between PC Microsoft Windows environment in their works and the MAC world in our private life (Iphones, Ipads, etc). I would pay gratefully for an app that could bring me a bridge between these two worlds.

Go On !!!