The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OminFocus crashes when started Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
i can't figure out what is happening, but everytime i try to launch OF it just quits and goes back to the app screen. any thoughts on how to fix it? thanks.

I have the same issue. A few uses after setting up syncing with mobile me the Omnifocus app tries to start up and then just returns me to the home screen.

This was probably an obvious thing to do, but I just tried deleting OF from my home screen and then re-syncing with itunes to put OF back on my iPod touch. OF is now opening and working properly again.

I'm linking to the Tech Note that Apple has on this subject so other folks may find it when searching the forums.

Troubleshooting Applications Purchased from the App Store

Instead of emailing Apple, though, please send email to omnifocus-iphone@omnigroup.com.

Went ahead and added the post above to the F.A.Q.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
I'm linking to the Tech Note that Apple has on this subject so other folks may find it when searching the forums.

Troubleshooting Applications Purchased from the App Store

Instead of emailing Apple, though, please send email to omnifocus-iphone@omnigroup.com.
Are the crash logs stored in ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice of any use to you guys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegsimpson View Post
This was probably an obvious thing to do, but I just tried deleting OF from my home screen and then re-syncing with itunes to put OF
I tried this on my iPhone. All was fine until I was told it couldn't sync as I was not authorised to use OF on my computer.
I redownloaded it from iTunes ... I just hope it doesn't charge me twice for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMethod View Post
Are the crash logs stored in ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice of any use to you guys?
Quite possibly. If you don't mind, please attach them to an email to omnifocus-iphone@omnigroup.com.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoolok View Post
I tried this on my iPhone. All was fine until I was told it couldn't sync as I was not authorised to use OF on my computer.
I redownloaded it from iTunes ... I just hope it doesn't charge me twice for it!
Check with Apple - the App Store has a record of what you bought, so you should get a 'would you like to download this again for free' notice before the download....

If this happens again, you'll want to select Store -> Authorize Computer in iTunes.