The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Weekly task issue Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have some weekly recurring tasks which I set up as due from Friday evening until Sunday evening. I use repeating tasks, to be repeated each week after completion. Here is the problem, however. Suppose I complete my task on Friday: next week, OmniFocus will tell me that the new instance of the task is due no more between Friday and Sunday, but between Wednesday and Friday!
I know that I could use the "after assigned date" option, but this causes me a problem if, for example, I once skip the task for a week or two: when I do it I will find a new task which is already late.
Is there a way around all this?

Mark the skipped task(s) as done.

We've got a feature request open for the ability to skip a repeating action, but for the time being, using the 'from assigned date' option is the way to go. Complete the actions until you get caught up, and delete the completed actions you didn't actually do if you don't want them in the archive.

(Interested parties should use send feedback under the help menu to get their interest in a skip feature properly recorded.)

Some more options: simply adjust the start/due dates to make the skipped action be the "next" one, or use the Defer script to do it for you.