The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Perspectives, sidebars, viewbars, and toolbars Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Before I got my iPhone, I used OF in planning perspectives mostly and had only a few of them. Now I'm expanding the number of perspectives and seeing some annoyances.

I create several contexts which are intended to be very minimal and open in their own window. No sidebar, no toolbar, no viewbar. Just the list of actions to open, consult, tick off, and close the window.

Problem 1: I open my current sprint context perspective which has none of the bars on it. I close it and open a planning perspective which has an open sidebar. Close the planning perspective, then reopen the current sprint context perspective. It now has the sidebar open on it. Both perspectives have focus, layout, expansion, selection, and open in a new window selected.

Problem 2: I have 2 or more of my perspectives open and display the toolbar in one via the keyboard and the toolbar appears in all. The same behavior for the viewbar. At least I can turn these off and on from the keyboard.

Am I missing something in how to set up a context? Or can't I have it my way here?

Regarding the sidebar, try taking a snapshot of the perspective with the sidebar set up like you want. It may just need to be reset.

Regarding the toolbar and view bar, these don't seem to be stored as part of the layout. Use Help → Send Feedback to submit a request to have those included.

Curt

Hmmmmm... I could swear I had done that previously. I retook the snapshot and it seems to be holding but I'll be watching it. Thanks Curt!

I also sent feedback on including the toolbar and viewbar states when making a snapshot.

While writing that email it occurred to my part of this similar annoyance is the behavior of the "Always open in a new window" checkbox. What I would like is a "Never allow another perspective to open in this window". That's closer to the behavior I would like with multiple perspectives. I think it might make the implementation of customizing toolbars on a per perspective basis a little easier.