The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

New window opening in background? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
For some reason certain links will open a new window in the background, without actually bringing that window up. It took me a while to realize the links were even being opened, and then I still have to go to the workspaces menu and double click that window to bring it up.

It wouldn't be much of an issue if the window actually was shown, but I don't even know the window is opened unless I got to the show workspaces menu. I've currently got the "links that create a new window open in tab instead" option checked.

Is there any way to prevent this?

For reference, here is a site that has this issue: http://www.kcrw.com/music/programs/sc

Just click on the music image link at the top of the page.

I'm using the 5.6 sneaky peek 4 v611 (although this problem existed in the last final release too)

Works fine for me here. A window pops up with the "player" in it.

Quote:
. I've currently got the "links that create a new window open in tab instead" option checked.
I think thats your problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handycam
Works fine for me here. A window pops up with the "player" in it.

I think thats your problem.
I just realized I had the "block all popup windows" option selected, as opposed to the "only those not requested". This was the source of the issue, my mistake.

The option to force things to open in a new tab was unrelated.