The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Following weekly projects Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello, Using Of there is a recurrent problem i can't solve.
Each week i decide to follow some weekly project. I could call "hot projects"
I also have active project wich are not so hot They can be done this week or later on. I wonder what solution do you found ?
Create a perspective with notes such as "hot" in each project ?
Flag them - I found it a bit messy
Create a special folder where to put them only for the week ?
What is the easiest solution ? How do you deal with this for the menu only autorize active, to do (what is there is this category ?) Waiting, dissmiss...
Thanks for your point of view

What do you find messy about flagging projects? If you flag the project itself, all of the actions are implicitly flagged, and OmniFocus has built-in support for grouping and sorting flagged items. Bring up the flagged perspective and work any available actions until they are gone (or you are out of time), then work the rest knowing that you've gotten the most important items out of the way.

I would flag it or give it a due date. As long as you don't have other due dates cluttering up the due soon menu bar or iPhone app, you'll have badges. Then set a goal to get the badges to 0 for the week.