The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Transparent Images Printing as Solid Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm able to get the image I want on to the canvas. I've gone to the inspector and style:image. I've selected it down to 5%.

It looks great on the screen.

I print it to a PDF or the printer and the 5% translucent image appears solid black.

This is true whether the image is placed in to the canvas or a light gray one is copied from somewhere else.

Help

Thanks

Christopher

I'm really sorry for the trouble this is causing! I'm not on the OmniGraffle team, but if you let the support ninjas know what version of the app you're using, and what version of Mac OS you have installed, they should be able to help.

In general, it sounds like something isn't happy with the transparency information in the image. If you color some text in TextEdit with similar transparency settings, what happens?

As a random shot in the dark - one thing we've seen cause this in the past is where the printer drivers work fine with carbon apps like Microsoft Office, but Cocoa ones have trouble. OmniGraffle and TextEdit are both cocoa apps, so if you see trouble there as well, going to the manufacturer's website for updated drivers *may* help.

Thanks Brian. By manufacturers I presume you mean the printer. Right?

Whoops! Yes, the printer manufacturer. Sorry about that.