The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

current way to view only projects? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've been trying without success to create a perspective to show only projects in planning mode. I can create a perspective focused on xyz projects, but I want a perspective that repopulates whenever a new project is added. I would like a view to see projects without SA lists.

The new 1.8 sneaky peeks let me assign a exclusive context to projects. This lets me view them in context mode only, without their children. I can select them all and select 'Show in Planning Mode', this is one step closer to what I'm looking for. But even then, any projects I have on hold will not show up in my context view under my project specific context. I could flag projects and sort view options to compensate, but I currently use flags for other purposes (a today view with due soon and important but not urgent actions - noted by flags). Any thoughts?

Are you willing to add a click or two to the process? If so, you could have a perspective that shows all projects + SALs, and click on a toolbar button that removed the SALs from the sidebar selection, leaving you with just the projects. If that would be helpful, you can find a script that does it in this post.

The script is an excellent tool for selecting all actions and sorting between projects and SA lists, thank you. My current workaround is to manually select all projects and focus, adjust other view settings and create a perspective. This script quickens the first step of this process, but does not create a solution to automatically update the perspective with new projects. Any new project entered involves repeating the process and then saving over my old perspective.

Without applescript background, perhaps a script that selects all items invoking the 'Exclude SALs from selection' and saves as a predefined perspective name? I'll contact support to add my vote for project vs SAL view settings, if no other solution is found I can put a placeholder string in project notes and have a perspective with a saved search.