The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pasting Tables from iWork Numbers Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've created dozens of tables of information in the iWork Numbers app. I'm copying those tables and pasting them into OmniGraffle Pro. My intent is to illustrate database architecture.

I expected pasted tables would be completely editable in OmniGraffle Pro. Especially since OmniGraffle Pro has table creation and editing tools. However, tables pasted in OmniGraffle Pro from other applications render as a single object. These pasted table objects cannot be ungrouped or edited.

Recreating my tables in OmniGraffle Pro would be a very significant amount of work and it would take significantly longer, hence the use of iWork Numbers and not OmniGraffle Pro for my original workflow. I need the ability to copy and paste tables from other applications into OmniGraffle Pro whilst retaining editing capabilities on those pasted tables. How do I do this?

FWIW, I have tried pasting a single row, column, and even cell to see if that would provide me with the desired functionality. It did not.

Hi BlondeFurious,

that seems completely impossible, unless OG uses the same calculating framework as Numbers. Numbers is a spreadsheet program, not a table editing tool. For drafting tables, (unless you have to somehow calculate their contents) you can use any word processor - which would make it even more impossible for OG to recognize.
As a solution, I suggest you export the tables one by one as PDF and open them with OG (or better still create a link to them) and adding the lines and illustrations in OG.