The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In-app upgrades now requiring password? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Folks,

I don't recall this happening with earlier updates, but when I do a Check for Update, I'm now asked for my admin password at the "Unmounting disk image" stage.

The right that's being requested is "system.privilege.admin", and I don't know why OF needs that permission.

Did OF change something in this process?

If I cancel, I get a chance to report via email (which I will), that says

Error: Unable to install update
Reason: Failed to execute install script with authorization.

Details:

{
NSLocalizedDescription = "Unable to install update";
NSLocalizedFailureReason = "Failed to execute install script with authorization.";
NSLocalizedRecoveryOptions = ("Report Error via Email", Cancel);
NSRecoveryAttempter = <OFMultipleOptionErrorRecovery: 0x13fa8a0>;
NSUnderlyingError = NSError "Mac OS error -60006" Domain=NSOSStatusErrorDomain Code=-60006;
}

(null)

Oh, and if I just do a download from the sneaky peek page, I don't get any admin request.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasong View Post
Folks,

I don't recall this happening with earlier updates, but when I do a Check for Update, I'm now asked for my admin password at the "Unmounting disk image" stage.

The right that's being requested is "system.privilege.admin", and I don't know why OF needs that permission.

Did OF change something in this process?

If I cancel, I get a chance to report via email (which I will), that says

Error: Unable to install update
Reason: Failed to execute install script with authorization.

Details:

{
NSLocalizedDescription = "Unable to install update";
NSLocalizedFailureReason = "Failed to execute install script with authorization.";
NSLocalizedRecoveryOptions = ("Report Error via Email", Cancel);
NSRecoveryAttempter = <OFMultipleOptionErrorRecovery: 0x13fa8a0>;
NSUnderlyingError = NSError "Mac OS error -60006" Domain=NSOSStatusErrorDomain Code=-60006;
}

(null)
This seems to be happening for awhile now. I can't recall exactly when, but this happens if you do the in-program update.