The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Bizzare Scheduling when linking Finish - Start Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm working on a plan that has several stages. I started by setting up a project calendar and my own work calendar that varies in the beginning of the project but then becomes consistent with the project calendar. I then listed all of the tasks, each of which will be dependent on a previous task. Next, I assigned myself to all of the tasks.

I then grouped all the tasks for each stage. I linked each task Finish - Start within each stage and then linked each stage Finish - Start.

So far so good. Except that the scheduling is truly bizzare, leaving weeks in between linked tasks for no apparent reasons. I've listed no constraints. Furthermore the scheduling might have ignored time I had scheduled as "off".

Is this a bug or am I just inane?

Thanks.

Hi Nedzb,

Could you email your OmniPlan file to omniplan@omnigroup.com with the subject, "For Aaron - Bizzare Scheduling"?

If there's confidential information in your document that you don't want to share, you can go to "Help"--> "Send Feedback" and click on "Include...". It will randomize the names of your resources and tasks.