The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > General > Forums Feedback
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

No permission to email a thread Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When I attempt to email a thread (Thread Tools > Email this Page), I get a permissions error:

"Ward, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons: ..."

I gather "this page" refers to the emailing feature, not the page I'm trying to email.

-- Ward

I just tested it with this thread and it appears to have worked for me. Are you still logged on as betatester/tester? Maybe you have timed out and that is why it isn't working?

I can email this thread (the one you're reading), but I can't email my "Reporting Bugs?" thread in the Sneaky Peek forum.

The Thread Tools menu seems to indicate all forums are not created equal because the menu in Forums Feedback has an extra menu item: "Add a Poll to this Thread".

-- Ward

Ditto the inability to e-mail threads on the sneakypeek forum - I imagine it is related to that forum being non-public whereas all the others are. Though as we are logged in to be able to post there, you would assume that we should have permission to e-mail there too?

Emailing a thread mails a link to the thread rather than the contents of a post. If I were saving my bug reports, I'd want the content.

Aside: I also couldn't email a sneaky peek thread