The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Something I'd really like to see Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I REALLY like this app and to date I've found it to be the best digital implementation of GTD going. But I have a question for Ken Case and the crew: is there any plan to evolve the app to start to capture things above the 10,000 foot level?

For example, I would love to have a section of OF where I can specify my Areas of Responsibility (20,000 feet) and Goals (30,000). But especially the AORs. Not all of actions are related back to a project. For example, I might have an action that says “run 5 miles today”. That’s not part of a project, it’s a single action that supports an AOR (Build and Maintain Optimum Health).

It would be VERY cool and powerful to be able to click on an AOR and be able see my projects and tasks that support it. It could be incorporated into my weekly review process and if I see that some AORs have a bunch of tasks and others have few if any, that’s a signal that perhaps I'm losing balance.

Just wondering if there’s been any discussion to this end, thanks.