The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Open blank page in new tabs Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there a way to open a blank page when you open new tabs? I can't find a setting for it in the preferences. Using OmniWeb 5.9.2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty708 View Post
Is there a way to open a blank page when you open new tabs? I can't find a setting for it in the preferences. Using OmniWeb 5.9.2.
OmniWeb opens new tabs with the start page. In the "General" tab of preferences you can set the start page to "Empty".

Is this what you're looking for?

This is something I've requested for a while. No more "start page", let's have a real "home page".

This way, clicking the home (or "start page") button will get you your page (such as google) whilst you can still opt for new tabs/windows to be empty.

As it is now, it's all or nothing. To get an empty page on new tabs, as derek points out, you can set your start page to empty -- which then obviates having a home/start page for the toolbar button too.