The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

exporting attachments from OO to O Plan Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi there. I've just joined the forum and I can't seem to find a clear answer to this question.

When I export from Omni Outliner to Omni Plan, can I have the files I've attached in my OO file be included in the export so that they show up in OP? I see the names of the files but not the files themselves.

I'm hoping to find a way to go from brainstorming to organizing to planning with all the accumulated files/urls/etc going from one program to the next. Is there something I should know when exporting from one or importing to the other?

I saw in one post that the files may not actually be imbedded. Maybe that is the problem. Or, maybe I just need to learn how to make things work.

Thanks for your help!

It occurred to me after posting my question that the challenge of transferring embedded data from Omni Outliner to Omni Plan might be a question for the Omni Outliner forum.

Thanks for any ideas you might have.

OmniPlan doesn't support embedded file attachments, it only allows linking to external files. If you're exporting from OmniOutliner and importing into OmniPlan the embedded file attachments won't come along for the ride.

Thanks for the response.

Could I make embedding a feature request, especially for when exporting data.

Or, as I saw in another post, maybe the answer is something like Omni Work, a software package/suite with high integration between Outliner, Plan, and maybe another of the Omni programs.

Thanks