The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Alias to a project from within another? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am a freelancer. In my project library I have a folder for each engagement I am currently working on. Nested in each folder are the various projects and tasks broken down as required for each, for example XXX - MGMT for management related tasks for engagement XXX.

In tracking the various states of contracts and payments, I have found it is better to have a project called 'contract audit' with a master task for each engagement with nested tasks for each step. The reason 'Contract Audit' is a project and not a context is because the contexts are different for each of the discrete tasks. IE, 'write contract for XX' will have context of office and 'payment 1 for XX' will have a context of 'pending delivery'. It also make sense to have it as a project because generally when I audit contracts I do so across engagements.

So, the thing is, it would be great to view each of the engagement specific 'master tasks' from within XXX - MGMT in the engagement folder as well. So that when I'm looking at engagement XXX, I can see the 'contract audit' tasks for that engagement alone as well.

Also would be great to edit that list of tasks from either project.

Is that possible within OF?

Thx
FD

Not currently supported, but I believe we've got a feature request open on that - if you email the support ninjas, we can attach you to that request so the rest of the team will know you'd like to see this added as well. Thanks very much!

Done. Thanks Brian.
FD

Hi: new happy user here and, as I am also a freelancer, have a similar need, so glad to see this being considered.