The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Problem trying to get the perspective name of the front window Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm trying to write a script for which I need the name of the current perspective in the front window.

When I execute the script below

Code:
tell application "OmniFocus"
	tell default document
		get properties of front document window
	end tell
end tell
The result is: Perspective name:Missing vlue,

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Regards,

J.

Looks like a bug to me. If you set the value, it switches perspectives (assuming you set it to a value that matches one of your perspectives).

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Looks like a bug to me.
I agree, and I notice from a comment in this script, which resorts to work-arounds, that reading and clearing perspectives has been broken for a while, and probably needs a bit more bumping through Help > Send Feedback

--

Last edited by RobTrew; 2011-08-17 at 01:45 AM..