The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Why so many Operas? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When I look in my General OW prefs, under default browser, there are several versions of Opera listed. I only have 9.5 on my system. What's up?

Adobe uses Opera in their help system (god forbid they use the OS X help system!) so you end up with a million copies of Opera listed as valid system browsers, because Adobe can't even be bothered to disable that functionality (which is entirely possible for them to do, with little effort.)

And, of course, every Adobe app has a copy of Opera for its help system. Isn't that nice?

Just one of the (very) many reasons I won't install Adobe's stuff, and run them in a VM instead...

:)

"Just one of the (very) many reasons I won't install Adobe's stuff, and run them in a VM instead..."

It's kind of anti-Adobe madness...

Yes, if you're a graphics person, there's no avoiding Adobe. And if this is why I have all those Operas, there are worse things. At least I now know.

Rebuilding the launch db should fix that.

yes, it did. thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlwin View Post
"Just one of the (very) many reasons I won't install Adobe's stuff, and run them in a VM instead..."

It's kind of anti-Adobe madness...
Since I'm running VMs anyway, it makes perfect sense. And I'm a systems administrator, not a graphics person - so it's more than fast enough for me. :)

Good to know about the launchservices database; I'll have to investigate that next time I'm building disk images. Thanks!